Ordering Carbon Fiber Wheels
Carbon Fiber (C/F) wheel availability for some contemporary Harley Davidson’s and Sport Bike’s list of applications is extensive, and because in some cases, special fitment accommodations are possible, we will verify correct fitment during the order-taking process. Please call us toll-free at 1-866-899-5962 or email me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or advance verification of fitment.
Due to the extremely wide range of fitments, styles, and options possible, some of Motorcycle Metal/BST wheels are made to order. All wheels are produced in the Plant in South Africa. If we do not have it in stock, located in Fort Lauderdale, FL, orders shall generally be filed in less than 4 weeks minus transportation. Sometimes, it is faster, but sometimes it is also slower. However, making the wheels individually, to ensure correct and optimal fit and performance, is the only way we do business for a superior product. We are confident you will find the wheels and the instantaneous improvement in performance they provide, worth the wait.
We are the only company that makes:
* 100 % Carbon Fiber wheels
* Made in an autoclave for strength and consistency
* Exceeds TÜV and DOT certification
* Aluminum angled valve stems
* TUV certification for wheels
* DoT and JWL compliant
* Aerospace FAR25 qualified materials
* Manufacturing facility is TUV certified, and ISO 9002 compliant
* Complete traceability in manufacturing process and materials used including the hubs
* Manufacturing process allows for full identification (each has its own Serial No) and traceability (based on the process used for critical parts in the aerospace industry)
* Nesting and cutting machines are the same as those used in the aerospace industry - each wheel pattern is cut and the part is numbered simultaneously guaranteeing correctness and uniformity
* Layup of wheels is done in a Clean room (dust free, temperature controlled)
* Wheels passed all tests for road certification carried out by Rim Technology (UK government certified facility) and Investmech test center.
* Corner fatigue carried out as specified in BS. AU. 50.
* Radial fatigue carried out as specified in BS. AU. 50.
* Torsional fatigue carried out as specified in BS. AU. 50.
* Impact test carried out as specified in JWL
* Full Factory Warranty
* The strongest and lightest DOT / JWL approved wheel on the market.
* Motorcycle Metal/BST 5 spoke carbon composite wheel is made using the latest technology, materials and manufacturing processes. This lightweight and exceedingly strong wheel is suitable for both racing and street racing use. The wheels have been tested at Rim Technology, Eurotype Test Centre and German TUV, and passed all the tests for road certification. And most important of all, our wheels are unique in that they are created as a single unit - we don’t bond pieces together.
* Motorcycle Metal/BST wheels will save you anything between 40- 60 per cent in weight, and more importantly, are designed to deliver the lowest Moment of Inertia - the critical factor that affects the performance of the bike.
* Because Motorcycle Metal/BST can engineer with carbon fibre and maximise on its properties of high strength and low weight, we have reduced the weight in the spokes and rim without compromising strength. The weight is therefore concentrated in the hub, which means that rotational inertia is reduced, making the bike easier to handle, and allowing you to accelerate quicker and brake later. So not only is the wheel lighter, but it is engineered for maximum performance.
* The entire process is managed under ISO9002 standards. BST design the tooling, moulds, wheel and the hubs and manufacture them onsite. Cutting machines such as those used in the aeronautical industry ensure that the process is guaranteed and repeatable to certified high standards. Layup is done in a clean room (dust-free, temperature controlled).
* The wheels are cured in an Autoclave at 125 degrees C and 6 bar of pressure. This ensures the best compaction and surface finish.
* Every step of the process is logged and the entire history of each wheel is stored.
* The carbon fiber used is a woven and unidirectional format, and is embedded in a resin matrix made from toughened epoxy. Pre-preg is used as the machine application of the specific resin systems ensures the most controlled and even application and therefore the highest quality material for use in the Motorcycle Metal/BST wheels.
Placing an Order:
To order, simply call us toll-free at 1-866-899-5962. Ordering takes about 5 minutes, during which we will ask a number of simple questions designed to ensure we get you what you want. What we will need to know includes:
1. Make, model, and year of the bike.
2. Diameter of wheels desired (the default answer is "same as stock").
3. Width of front and rear wheels desired (again, the default is "stock").
4. Any other specific requests or requirements.
5. Contact and shipping information.
All orders are shipped via DHL directly to the customer from Motorcycle Metal, Fort Lauderdale, FL. We do not include shipping as part of the package to mask the charge. We only charge actual cost.
Because some Motorcycle Metal/BST wheels not in stock are specially made to your specifications, and are put into production when you order them, payment in full is required at the time wheels are ordered. Wheel orders are not cancelable once production has begun. However, wheels may be returned after receipt if they are defective or otherwise not as ordered.
We are here to be of service, and are available to assist in anyway we can. Please feel free to call us Toll Free 1-866-899-5962 -5 hours GMT/EST so we can be of service.